A selection of my contributions on Twitter in the last week. The world in 140 characters!
You can follow me @workplacesols
- UK Government has issued details of plans for mandatory pre-claim conciliation for employment tribunals; a sensible idea. Mediation works!
- This is getting serious. Government insists it will pass laws on pay cuts if unions reject deal http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/government-insists-it-will-pass-laws-on-pay-cuts-if-unions-reject-deal-1.1360202#.UWur2SLCSFk.twitter … via @IrishTimes
- Very disappointing that Mediation Bill will not be published until 2014. Our presidency of the EU will get the blame but it’s needed soon
- Avoiding conflict, managing & resolving workplace disputes! http://www.workplacesolutions.ie If you’re still awake
- It would be interesting to hear a perspective on Croke Pk 2 from the dole queue! Particularly the protection of wages up to €65k.
- CIArb Ireland organising an ‘introduction to Mediation’ course. May 23rd. Dublin. More on http://www.arbitration.ie/events
- House Bill to close US National Labor Relations Board will not be taken up by the Senate, but a clear message about the future of the NLRB
- New Jersey & NY set up voluntary mediation programme for insured victims of Superstorm Sandy with “open & unresolved 1st party insurance claims.
- 9/10 top global pharma co’s operate in Ireland. Novartis to create 100 medical comms & digital marketing jobs in new Dublin business centre
- Staff handbooks are a great resource for employees & employers. But does anyone ever read them before they show up as evidence at a tribunal
- EU Court of Justice rules women and men must be equally treated when it comes to early retirement support to #farmers:http://bit.ly/ZR62z0
- UK CA rethink on Halsey mediation rules comes as Sup Ct J. Clarke says guidance to cts on referral to med wd be helpful. At launch of #DDRC
- English Court of Appeal suggests a rethink of the prohibition on court-ordered compulsory mediation http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=c9169662-5819-4557-93a2-f0ed85d7e873#.UWex9JNW7Ww.twitter …
- New EU Directive on consumer ADR imminent. Retailers should get ready! it’ll be a ‘Trust Mark’ #ADR #DDRC
- Ironic how judiciary is such strong advocate of ADR while business twiddles its thumbs & stumps up the legal costs! Are yiz mad? #DDRC #ADR
- Disappointing news. Minister Shatter says Mediation Bill won’t be published until early 2014. At launch of Dublin Dispute Resolution Centre
- Shatter says Ireland can become centre for international arbitration & dispute resolution. Dublin Dispute Resolution Centre #DDRC launch
- Courts can only decide legal rights; mediators have many more tools! Clarke J. At launch of Dublin Dispute Resolution Centre. #DDRC #ADR
- The Dublin Dispute Resolution Centre DDRC (opening this evening) will also promote Ireland as a seat for international arbitration
- 51 organisations worldwide certified as ‘Democratic Workplaces’ http://shar.es/JarDe via @sharethis